Thursday, November 20, 2008

Actually sick or just being a baby: the Keith story

Ahhh, the good life in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I had never been to Massachusetts before, but judging by my current accommodations, it is a nice place. We are at the home of Doug and Nell, old friends of Bishop Allen. Their house is awesome. I am doing laundry and blogging. Justin is doing laundry and playing some digital drums. Darbie is on a computer looking at some artwork stuff. Michael and Christian are joining forces to save villages in a video game called Pixel Junk Monster. Andy is downstairs killing zombies on a bigscreen tv, on a brand new game called Left 4 Dead. We all wish that you were here, drinking some ginger ale and letting out sighs of satisfaction.

Yep, this place is awesome. I am unfortunately a little bit under the weather, but I can already feel myself getting better. A warm house and good dinner helps with these kinds of things, as you see very little of that.

Not sure what shows I have and haven't talked about at this point, but I think when the tour is over in a few days I can look back and post pictures, in something of a end-of-tour summary, so look out for that.

Bloomington was a cool town to visit as I got to meet a lot of the people involved with the Dead Oceans/Jagjaguwar/Secretly Canadian labels and i got a lot of free cds, which now clutter my notoriously messy area of the van.

Last night we played in Gambier, Ohio, which is home to Kenyon College (which was home to Paul Newman, we found out today). I went to a school with 50,000+ people, so to hang out on a snowy liberal arts college with about 1600 students was something new for me. Honestly it reminded me of going on a church ski trip. We played a show in a cabin-like place, and the students were nice and the people that weren't students but traveled there were also nice, and it was fun and at the end it seemed like it was time to hit the slopes, we instead hit the van and drooooove.

Today was a lot of driving too. Gambier and Cambridge are unfortunately a little bit far away from one another. Now we have about an hour until we head back to the Middle East club and enjoy the night.

I know i'm forgetting to tell you about some good things, but for now i will blame it on my health. Ohhhh, my health...

4 comments:

bonnie m. said...

i dropped two magnets off at the merch table last night:

- new jersey
- the boston T map

i didn't stop and talk to anyone, really, but it was great show. hope the magnets get to put to use!

Keith P said...

Thank you. We were all really happy with those magnets. Reeeeallly haaapppy

bonnie m. said...

next show, i will bring more, but only if queen of the rummage sale is played. deal?

bonnie m. said...

** next show in cambridge/boston, that is.