Monday, November 10, 2008

more than a week in, more than a weekend

Hello from sunny Los Angeles. We are staying at Michael's place. It's nice here and after a ridiculously long drive from Texas, it is nice to just be staying in the same general area for a little while.

Where oh where did I last leave off? Dallas?

ok, well that night we went and played a show in Denton, and it was sort of awesome, as the parents/siblings of me, justin and michael were all in full effect at Hailey's. We had a nice turn-out, some old friends I hadn't seen in a long time were there. All was good, until the end of the night when a guy who is apparently a serial puncher in Denton went ahead and punched a dude. People of Denton, look out.

The next morning was a bit painful, as we had to be in Austin sorta early for load-in at the fun fun fun fest. we were running on about 3-4 hours of sleep that day, which is a strange state of mind to be when playing for 1000ish people out in the texas sun, but it seemed to work. Biggest crowd I have ever played to, but there were so many austin homies there that it was comforting, not terrifying. Before we played, i got in a depressingly small amount of good face-to-face with austinites near and and dear to me, so that, among other things, made this a highlight of the tour so far for me. Thanks to Adam, Andrew, Andy, Annecy, Beth, Bob, Karen, Lindsey, Maggie, Max, Mike, Michelle, Morgan, Sherry and all the other people that i saw from up on stage. YOU KEPT ME GOING.

Then we drove and drove and drove and drove and drove and drove and drove. Austin to Los Angeles.

Right now we are getting ready to go do a taping for this Internet tv show that is created by the guy that created The OC and Gossip Girl. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY LIFE. i hope i have a stylist


NOT AGAIN!

-keith

5 comments:

Mademoiselle J said...

Hi Keith,

Our fellow friend Seth Whaland said I should say hello. If y'all need anything in LA, let me know! I love Bishop Allen, can't wait for the show tomorrow.


-julie
radiantwithterror@gmail.com

DrewMG said...

awesome blog, keith. i'm going to see your show in ames, ia this sunday. play a rad set for me, plz.

andy

bonnie m. said...

this blog is great! see you next thursday in cambridge!

Adam said...

Fun Fun Fun Fest was my first time seeing Bishop Allen in concert. The set was a little shorter than I hoped, but I guess nothing to be done about that. Other than that, great show, and I was extremely pleased to hear "Empire City" live. New album also sounds like it's going to be excellent.

P.S. I was the creepy guy in the very front row who was just STARING at the band the whole time and making things REALLY AWKWARD.

P.P.S. Were there further songs on the setlist? Looked like you guys maybe got cut off at the end.

Cheers,
Adam

Liz said...

I was at Haileys!!! I had tons of fun at that show! I probably danced with one of your family members...

Can't wait for y'all to come back to Texas.

myspace.com/awsliz