Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tour Days 3&4: Driving, drivving, diriiiviivingnggg

Greetings from Little Rock!

We are in Christian's parent's home right now, enjoying a day off. All of us are a bit nervous about tonight's election, so we have been dealing with it in our own ways. Christian and Michael have been working on building a case for the marimba, justin and darbie and i went cruising around little rock and went to a crazy antique mall place, andy disappeared.

Christian's parents are big animal rescuers, and one of their current projects is rehabilitating a young squirrel (named Barack, or maaaybe Michelle). Here is Christian with the squirrel. He is brave:


To track back a few nights: Chapel Hill show was a lot of fun. It was a smaller venue, I think there were somewhere around 120 people, but the people that were there were the kind of people you want to be at your show. Sound was good up on stage. My friend/old-bandmate Katie was there, which made things a lot of fun for me. Familiar faces are really exciting things when you're in a town that you've never been to before.

We stayed at a Red Roof Inn. The trick with Red Roof Inns is that they like to make their parking lots impossible to find, and they don't always clean rooms before you stay in them. Other than that, they are fine.

Yesterday was a driving day. I think we drove over 13 hours. From Chapel Hill to Little Rock. I did have some of these, so i was happy:


To kill time, some of the band-members did crossword puzzles and listened to book on tape. Seems not so tough, right? Wrong! They were listening to this really intense book about cholera, and it was all about pooping and dying. I had to put on headphones cuz it was TMI, IMHO. Bishop Allen: The band that can handle disgusting words, and in fact, invites them into their homes and hearts.

My friend just made fun of me for wearing Pavement-style flannel on this tour. People of the internet: Do not make fun of my clothing any more! Focus on my bass-licks, not my cowlicks and facial ticks.

But yeah, today is nice, we are looking forward to Norman tomorrow night, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the Texas dates. Ahh, Texas, gee shucks, who woulda known that i'm actually a huge fan of yours?

giving you some arkansass,
keith

No comments: